It is also a very family orientated town which has lead to Morzine becoming a very popular destination for families with children of all ages. Not surprisingly the amenities within the town are the focus for many of the smaller villages surrounding Morzine. These include numerous hotels, restaurants, ski shops, disco, cinema, many bars, several tennis courts, an Olympic sized swimming pool (outside, with an indoor swimming pool), an ice-skating arena, a skatepark.
Morzine offers buyers the strongest rental market as its an all year round French destination.
With all of this it is not surprising that property prices here are some of the highest for the area. However there is a good selection of chalets to apartments to suit all requirements. If you were thinking of renting for part of the year then Morzine does have the strongest rental market. Whilst winters at present offer the best rental return period the summers are becoming increasingly busy as Morzine firmly establishes itself as an all year round destination.
Overall if you want to be in the heart of the action then Morzine is a fabulous place. The key points are;
- 2 cable cars from the town centre linking into the heart of the Porte du Soleil ski area
- Direct lift access to Avoriaz (a high purpose built ski area) and also Les Gets
- Possible to ski back to town
- A free train around town if your legs have packed up!
- Lively après ski
- Huge range of ski and snowboard schools (tuition can start from the aged 5)
- Childcare facilities
- Both cable cars are open for the summer season for ease of access to the mountain top meadows. In fact 24 lifts are open for cyclists and hikers to access all parts of the mountain.
- Indiana parc, an adventure area suspended from the trees.
- Horse riding
- 2 golf courses (18 hole at Les Gets)
Start your property search in Morzine
If you would prefer to speak to us about your full property requirements, then please call us on +33 (0)4 50 79 13 09. We are the only French Agency in the area which offers Qualified Property Professionals from both France – Master Droit Immobilier et Urbanisme and UK – Chartered Surveyor, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).